After installation of the private cloud fabric, we noticed SMB Client 30308 alerts on one of our Hyper-V nodes when live migrating VMs:



During troubleshooting we checked and validated the following areas
– Kerberos delegation
– Priority Flow Control on the server and switches
– blade slots
– interface connections
– Microsoft binaries
– hardware driver/firmware
None of these influenced the behavior of the errors

The problem remained in the environment for a while until we noticed that one RDMA nic in the Hyper-V host was configured with a wrong VLAN tag.
After applying the change, the alert was gone.